2015年6月23日火曜日

BR 1-06 L.A. detective

She needs help. I’ll help her. (p.7)

The story is about a detective. Lenny Samuel is a Los Angeles detective. His friends call him Len. Everybody in Los Angeles is busy. But he is not busy. He has no work today. Then a man comes into his office. Len doesn't know him. “I’m Frank. Come with me. Mr Blane wants to speak to you.” The man is holding a gun. The gun is pointing at Len. “I won’t go with you, Frank.” Len says. “I don’t like Mr Blane. I don’t want to speak to him.” Frank hits Len on the head. Len falls down. Len is sitting in a big chair when he wakes up. An old man stand in front of Len. He is Mr Blane. He is a very rich man. He is also a very bad man. Mr Blane says Len to find his daughter, Carmen. Mr Blane says, “Go to the bus station at two o’clock on Tuesday. Frank has the $100000. He’s going with you. Give the money to The Young Ones. I’ll pay you $1000.” But Len says, “I don’t like you, Blane. I don’t want your money. But Carmen is in trouble. She needs help. I’ll help her.” Len and Frank are the bus station at 2 pm on Tuesday. There are lots of people. Then they see Carmen. She’s standing by a bus. A young man is with her and holding her arm. Len and Frank speaks to them and hand money. Suddenly, the young man hits Frank. They jump onto the bus. The bus drives off. It’s going to San Francisco. Len decides to drive to San Francisco and find Carmen. Len find a sign on a building on Thursday. The sign says: The Young Ones. The building is a school for poor child. Carmen is playing with the children. Len goes to speak to her. She says, “I don’t want to go home. The $100000 is for school. My father is a bad man. These papers show he is a criminal. Take the papers to the police.” Friday, Len is at the police station in Los Angeles. Blane and Frank are at the police station too. Lastly, Len says, “I like to help people. That’s why I’m an L.A. detective.”
The story is moved me. Len is very cool!

Prowse, Philip. Richardson, John. (2005). L.A. detective. Oxford: Macmillan Readers.
390/3509

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿